Wednesday 27 May 2020

Let Our SELF Triumph. L O S T .

Our planet Earth has around seven and a half billions souls, of which many are lost,within
themselves, or within addictions like drugs and alcoholism,lost within emotional turmoils
and mental illnesses,plus many other emotional,mental, and physical illness, then on top
of all that millions are lost and abandoned by wars, famine, and no clean water to drink.
There are among us all a proverbial "legion of the lost". I can identify with some of this
because I was totally lost and washed up for near death with chronic alcoholism, which
lasted for fifteen years, until I was 30 years old. Then at deaths door,I managed to ask for
help one last time, and it worked, I found many like me,who were sober well and happy,
now at seventy five years young,I am still very well and happy,yet there are so many lost
souls out there,this blog is about passing on the realisation that we can all TRIUMPH over
and of our addictions or mental and emotional illnesses, if we can accept ourselves fully
and become willing to change all that needs changing in our lives.
There was a saying in the Bible that I heard when I was very young,it was from (MATT. 22.10)
which said,"many are called,but few are chosen",I was about seven years old when I heard that
and my immediate thought was, that this sounded VERY VERY UNFAIR, now sixty eight years
later,I can fully understand this verse, because I have experienced it PERSONALLY. I was
called many times by parents and friends to stop drinking and either "shape up or ship out" but
I never listened to any of them.I realised that I was the chooser who CHOSE to recover and
rebuild a shattered and fragmented existence.We are all CALLED by the legion of lost souls,
which translates as that our CALLING represents the pain and agony we go through looking
for our true SELF, either with drugs, alcohol, sex, or mental and emotional illnesses, rather than
looking within ourselves for the answer. We each one of us can today decide to become a chosen
one, you dear reader of this blog, can today choose to become a chosen ONE, by choosing to
look within yourself, and reveal that soul and spirit that dwells therein.
Being called is a metaphor for our pain and suffering,the crisis that is the last straw that brakes
the camels back, when we are up against the wall, with no way out,we can then CHOSE to take
action and change.
In part two will explore this further.   Warmest regards Michael.
kirkpatrickmichael17@gmail.com any feedback welcomed,Facebook Soul realisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment