Monday 3 April 2017

The Dance Of The Lesser Death And The Rise To Fuller Life.

It can be said that we are the sum total of all our experiences. In this blog my experiences are
related as a journey from fear and despair to faith and to hope. These experiences are
replicated in the lives of millions as it will become evident.
At the age of fifteen, after a unhappy and fearful childhood with no friendships, I was a loner lacking confidence and self esteem. I entered the workplace and found alcohol. All my
workmates seemed to drink a lot, and I had found what I thought was my best friend, alcohol.
That empty feeling that had been with me all my life seemed to be filled by this new found elixir. It seemed to be a magic liquid, that gave me confidence, soaring  self esteem, and the ability to chat with girls!
Little did I know that I had started a sequence of events that would almost kill me fourteen
years later. I became hopelessly addicted to alcohol. It is said that alcohol is a great remover
of stains and blemishes but it will also remove you in the end! Addictions run deep within
humanity. Mine was alcohol but there are dozens of others, all equally devastating which kill
millions every year. An addiction like mine is one of constriction. It is an ever narrowing malignant vortex, that screws ever tighter on its victim until, if unchecked, will terminate life as the vortex reaches it narrowest point (your death). It will first, however, remove everything else that you hold dear, as it did to me. The addictive soul, who like me feels empty inside, has a gaping hole that they hope their addiction will fill. It never does. We are "hole" people and not "whole" people. I nearly died of my addiction and, at the end of it, I was desolate, numb, completely lost and full of nightmarish phantoms that caused me to cower and freeze in panic.
There is a solution to all addictions if we face up to it. I was beyond human aid. Although I have had immense help and aid over the years from others. who like me had this addiction and were recovering through a self help group, I also needed help from a power greater than me. I fell to my knees and asked for release from this binding illness that was literally choking me to death in a negative spiral of constrictive energy that "squeezes out"" the life force, and leaves you  either dead, or insane (brain dead).
I had an awakening after falling to the ground and asking the Great Spirit of the universe for help. I completely surrendered to that mighty being, and as I did this a great weight came upon me and  I could hear my bones and sinews crunching under the pressure. Then a voice said to me, "what do you know?" I went to say what I thought I knew and immediately the weight got heavier. Again the voice said, "what do you know?" This time I said nothing at all! With that, the weight lifted off me and the voice said, "now you are teachable my friend". From that day, over forty three years ago now, I have been well, sober and free. This blog is about sharing that you too, my friend reading this, can recover as well, find peace and inner contentment, and fill that "hole" by becoming WHOLE. May peace and serenity capture your hearts this day.
warmest regards Michael.
email kirkpatrickmichael17@gmail.com am on Facebook page called soul realization.

No comments:

Post a Comment