Thursday 27 April 2017

Lost And Drowned Saved And Found.

Identification is a wonderful thing when you find it, without it you are lost and alone. That is exactly
how I was for the first thirty years of my life, zero identification with anyone, no real communication
with anybody ,I  thought that maybe I was born to be a loner, and just be an isolated unit within
society, now if I was happy and content with this state of being, then I guess I would not be writing this blog here! Never knew what I was looking for, but was frantic in searching for it, at 15 years
of age I found what I thought I had been looking for alcohol, suddenly I was no longer lost, I had been found by a new friend ( little did I realize that this friend would later bite my ass and almost wipe me off the face of this Earth) I found others like me ,lots  of them some seemed happy and others were crying in their beer, I almost drowned in an ocean of alcohol, and the isolation became
very intense, the only thing I was full of apart from alcohol was fear and panic, and an awesome
feeling of impending doom, every day I died a thousand deaths, and lived to die  every day without
rest or let up ,if  you dear reader identify with any of this, take hope from it for there is an answer and it will be forthcoming soon. I discovered that that are millions like me out there, addictions  take many forms from alcohol to drugs, both legal and not, food addictions, gambling ,all  these
addictions and many more are the result of a soul sickness. We are lost, with a gaping hole within
us, this hole we try and fill with the poison of our choice, we are committing suicide by instalments
 and we seem totally lost  and adrift within a sea of despair, going round in ever decreasing circles
spun out to dry by a negative vortex that is hell bent on destroying us. Each of us my friends reading
this either go insane or die, or we make a full recovery, by the grace of the Infinite spirit and a fellowship that helps addicts like me, I that was lost and desolate was actually found by others
like me that I could identify with and realize that these guys had the answer to my malady and
they spoke with confidence and also with laughter and humility. Bill W and Dr Bob were the co founders of the fellowship that I have been in for over forty three years, sober and well. You reading
this now, whatever your addiction there is hope for you, you can recover and get well.
I was not only lost and adrift but also just two dimensional, physical and mental, the spiritual aspect
of me was as yet unborn, it took me to fully realize that I was beaten and beyond human aid,then
when I fell to my knees  and asked the Great Spirit for help,I was immediately helped and was reborn
into a spiritual dimension, now I was back in the fold of humanity and was the a three fold human being, physical, mental, spiritual, I have attended thousands of meetings over the years, and continue
to do so today,Identification is paramount in recovery, so to is a power that is greater than YOU.
warmest regards Michael.
kirkpatrickmichael17@gmail.com any feedback welcome, facebook soul realization.

No comments:

Post a Comment