Monday 2 December 2019

Self Help Accept Responsibility Evolve.-S H A R E .

Who among us has never needed any help? Not me for sure. How many of us accept full
responsibility for all that we think,say and do? I spent many years of my life making a
vast number of excuses for many of the things I did. Making excuses was a daily part of my
life for many years. Along with making excuses , came 'blaming others' for my life and
situations I got into. I blamed my step father for messing up my life, and treating me like
garbage.This caused me to hate and resent him , which in turn poisoned my mind and feelings
which lasted for many years.
It was not until I became very ill with alcohol-addiction and had been given just three months
to live by my doctor, that I realised that something had to change very quickly in my life, or
else that was it,dead and buried! I was then twenty nine years old and a complete and total
mess,mentally,physically,emotionally,psychologically, and spiritually bankrupt in all these
departments, yet still full of blame and excuses for what had happened to me. The main one
was that of"if it were not for that bastard of a stepfather, I would have never been in this mess"
"he made me become like this!"
I quickly began to learn that I had to let go of all these excuses,and begin to take back some
responsibility for myself. This happened because I was fortunate to come across what I later
found out to be, a global wide network or groups of like minded souls who all had similar
problems like mine, and got together in groups and shared their experiences, strength, and
hope, with each other, which then gave me valuable insights into what was happening within
myself.
I also found out about being responsible for helping others like me, who were just beginning
to realise the mess their life was in.Helping others in turn helped me, and added to a deeper
understanding of our human nature.
There is a saying that "an empty vessel makes the loudest noise" I can readily identify with
that saying, as in my early time in recovery, I had a lot to say about nothing! In other words
I had verbal diarrhea, opinions on everything, and knowledge of nothing.
Emotionally growing up, and accepting responsibility for our actions, and finding inner
peace, will go into in part two.
Warmest regards Michael.
kirkpatrickmichael17@gmail.com any feedback welcomed Facebook Soul Realization.

No comments:

Post a Comment