Sunday 14 February 2021

IMPENDING DOOM ESCAPE PLAN I D E A .

My first but not last experience of impending doom, began on December 26th Boxing day

1966, I was twenty one years young. and had been out all night drinking as usual. On my

way home I encountered a very weird experience, suddenly as I was walking along the

pavement my right foot trod on what seemed to be an electric buzzer protruding out of the

pavement and it gave me a nasty electric shock, I jumped up in the air and searched the

paving stone but no buzzer was there ,nothing at all. I went on home and went to bed. That

is when I first became acquainted with impending doom, I suddenly felt that my heart was

going to burst out of my chest, then this changed to my head was going to explode and 

splatter my brains all over the ceiling, and I would die. This experience was the beginning 

of nine years of almost daily feelings of impending doom. I will mention here that along 

with this impending doom  fear ridden experiences, I was also addicted to alcohol and

became an alcoholic. This lasted until I stopped drinking in 1974  July 26th. The impending

doom lasted for nine years. I had to be hospitalized twice with Delirum Tremens DTs for

short. The impending doom stopped shortly after I stopped drinking  with the kind and 

generous help from friends within Alcoholics Anonymous . My escape plan from impending

doom and alcohol addiction, was to go to meetings regularly, share my experiences with 

others, as I am doing now, and I also took up meditation in 1974 and have continued with

this daily unto this day now. I know FULL WELL what fear and impending doom FEEL 

LIKE, feeling all alone and helpless, self esteem non-existent, feeling worthless. you do not

have to have any alcohol or drug problems to experience impending doom, anyone can feel

this arise within them A A  and meditation saved my life and sanity. if any of you reading this

identify with it, then you can recover, you can find inner peace of mind, my email address is

always at the bottom of my blog, anyone can contact me there if you want to. I have not 

experienced any doom or the need to drink in the last forty six years,  you too can be happy

and find joy in your life.

Warmest regards Michael.

kirkpatrickmichael17@gmail.com any feedback welcomed Facebook Soul Realization.

If this blog resonates within you then please pass it onto your family and friends. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment