Wednesday 10 July 2019

Madness Runs Deep In The Shadows. POEM.

Life in a turmoil, impending doom
being counseled by an alarm clock
in my room.

Addictive living is not pretty
filled with fear, and self pity.

Slumped down by rivers edge
wonder what is going on
then looming toward me is
a talking swan.

The talking swan counsels me
gently,saying i am sick and
in need of help, get it quick,.

Knelt there listening to counselling
swan,shall I jump in river and
just be gone.

Lying in bed in drunken haze
radiator talking to me giving
out heat and advice,please
shut up,don't say it twice,

Called out for help with lump
in throat,help did come, by way of
a man in a white coat.

Gently placed in padded cell
is this the doorway to scary hell!

Hoped you all liked my poem, I actually lived through that nightmare,over forty five years ago.
Warmest regards Michael.
kirkpatrickmichael17@gmail.com any comments welcomed Facebook Soul Realization.

No comments:

Post a Comment